SurfRunner wants to know.
Well. *I* run because . . .
1) I treat bacon, cupcakes, and doughnuts like the long-lost 5th food group. (I know, enough with this joke already, however true.)
2) I want Marisa Miller's body. (Haha, I know, dream on.)
3) It's EXCELLENT stress relief, because it's an hour or so that ALL I can do is run and listen to my iPod. I can't write or edit or procrastinate on writing/editing or feel bad for procrastinating. I can only run and listen to music. Soooo relaxing.
4) Because if you can push through that uncomfortable/semi-painful first part of the run, the endorphins kick in and you get the natural high part. Excellent!
5) If I run, I feel less bad about the bacon and doughnuts. haha. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)